The concept of ‘self-care’ has taken centre stage in narratives around health and wellbeing. From psychologists to celebrities, self-care has been championed as an integral aspect of our daily lives.
And an indelible part of self-care is haircare. With the right products and hair care routine, you can turn every single day into a good hair day by default.
Reasons that could stop you from having good hair days
Although it may be difficult to pinpoint the exact reasons or causes, here are a few things on the regular that could be common causes.
- Damaging Effects of Hard Water: We underestimate the side effects of hard water because it may be hard to understand the science behind it and why it causes damage to our hair follicles. Simply put, the heavy metal deposits weigh down your hair and decrease the volume, nullifying the benefits of any shampoos, conditioners, hair care serums and other hair care products. A specific problem such as this requires a specialised solution rather than a generalised one that adds no value to your haircare routine.
- Using Hot Water: Using hot water while shampooing is not the best. It results in frizz and causes dryness, which ultimately affects the texture and shine. Switch gears and go for lukewarm water while shampooing and slightly cooler water when ending your shower post conditioning.
- Excessive Product Buildup: Using mousses, hair sprays, hair care serums, gels, and more such styling products come at a cost. Product buildup causes your hair to be lifeless, without any shine or softness. You will have the best hair day of your life but for a temporary period because the polymers and silicones in these products make your hair limp and lifeless, and after a point, may also cause further damage.
- Skipping Conditioners: Conditioners are essential to restore the lost moisture after shampooing your hair. You’ll notice that the day you skip conditioner is when your hair will look dry and frizzy. So, make sure that you use a high-quality conditioner on the lengths of your hair right after you use shampoo.
- Frequently Styling Your Hair: In addition to the products, ironing, blow-drying, curling, and chemically treating your hair damage the texture of your hair. Excessive heat changes the structure of your hair and reduces its elasticity, which eventually leads to weak, dull, brittle, and dry hair. Avoid risking your long-term hair health for a few good hair days, and skip the heat whenever possible.
How To Go From Bad Hair To Good Hair
Here are a few quick fixes that can help you manage your hair when you’re in a crunch.
- A simple way to get rid of all the flyaways and frizz is to braid your hair. A sleek and stylish braid will never go out of style.
- Turn to a hair care serum to smoothen your hair on occasions when even tying a ponytail is a challenge. The Intensive Haircare Serum by iluvia will improve your hair’s texture and eliminate the bumps that stop you from having a good hair day.
- If the ends of your hair are rough, frizzy and dry, give them a wash with the iluvia Squalene Restorative Conditioner. Wet only the ends of your hair, apply some conditioner, and wash it off in the sink. No long shower sessions are needed.
- Tried everything but still struggling? Take the easy way out by elegantly using accessories. You can’t go wrong with a chic headband, a hat that exudes cool, a pretty scrunchie or even just the good ol’ bobby pin.
Daily Haircare Tips:
Rather than relying on quick fixes, we recommend taking concrete steps to ensure every day is a good hair day. A few simple tweaks to your routine can make a huge difference to the quality of your hair. Here’s what you need to do:
- Clean hairbrushes and accessories regularly.
- Stop yourself from frequently running your fingers through your hair.
- Never tie or brush your hair when it is wet.
- Cleanse the dirt and product buildup on your scalp by picking the right shampoo for your hair type and then following through with a thorough shampooing process.
- When blow-drying hair, go from roots to the end and alternate between cool to hot air.
Transform Your Haircare Routine:
As we mentioned earlier, hard water is detrimental to hair, and the best way to solve this problem is by using the right product that helps undo these damages. iluvia Hard Water Shampoo is tailor-made for this requirement because it not only protects your hair from damage but also reverses it! The natural chelating agents in the shampoo gently remove the metal ion deposits on your hair and scalp, making it the best shampoo for hard water and normal to oily hair.
The Hard Water Shampoo also has water-soluble silicones that prevent hard water from further damaging your hair. Once you make this shampoo a part of your regular hair care routine, it will reduce breakage and hair fall while promoting soft, strong, and voluminous hair.
In addition to that, use the Squalene Restorative Conditioner by iluvia to increase your hair strength and elasticity and perfectly complements the Hard Water Shampoo. Last but not least, the Intensive Haircare Serum is a top-notch styling product that you can apply to your hair for heat protection while styling and for attaining that shiny, supple, smooth look without any frizz or tangles.
That’s it. With the right hair care routine and the right hair care products that are designed to ensure the best results - you’ll be a lot closer to having good hair days every day!
Flaunt the best hair of your life; shop Iluvia today.