Sure, sulphate-free shampoos and conditioners have a plethora of benefits, but here’s the thing: they may not give you all the hair benefits you deserve. An all-round nourishing hair treatment is perhaps better to meet all your hair goals. It is also the most cost-effective solution to complete your hair needs. So, go on, bring your A-game to the table, and add hair masks to your beauty regime.
Do-it-yourself (DIY) hair masks are an excellent place to start. Here are a few which are easy to make!
Honey & Coconut Oil
Hair Type: Dry Hair
Coconut oil contains high amounts of fatty acids and is perhaps one of the best oils for dry hair. The oil makes your hair silky and shiny by penetrating deep and working through every strand.
And note this, all you who seek great hair: the buzz around honey is real. It is a great and easily available ingredient that gives you smoother, glossier hair, the hair you’ll love to feel and flaunt. This hair mask is ideal for people with dry hair.
So, let’s get going!
- Take equal proportions of honey and coconut oil in a bowl. The amount would depend on your hair length, but a tablespoon of each is a good place to start.
- Mix the ingredients well and gently massage them into your hair.
- Let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly and finish it off with iluvia Sulfate Free Shampoo.
Almond Oil & Avocado
Hair Type: Frizzy Hair
Managing frizzy hair can be difficult, but it's a breeze if you find the right ingredients! The goodness of almond oil and avocado is a good combination that helps reduce frizz. Using this mask at least once a week or each time you wash your hair can help reduce frizz.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Take ¼ cup of almond oil and one avocado. (You can adjust the quantity of the ingredients according to the length of your hair)
- Whisk the ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
- Coat your hair thoroughly with the mix.
- Let the mask sit for at least 40 minutes.
- Wash it off using your regular shampoo and conditioner.
Hair Type: All Hair Types
Flaxseed is a super versatile ingredient. Flaxseeds are not only used in hair care but are also known to be a popular health food too. The gel extracted from flaxseeds increases the strength and elasticity of the hair, giving you thicker, healthier strands so you can meet your hair goals.
Here are the steps:
- Pour ¼ cup of flaxseeds into one cup of water, and put it to a boil.
- On a low flame, keep stirring the mixture with a spoon to avoid clumping. When you see a thick gel-like consistency, you will know that it’s ready.
- Set aside and let the gel cool. Drain any excess water by running it through a cheesecloth or any similar cloth of choice.
- When the gel is at room temperature, apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Rinse it off thoroughly after 20 minutes.
Making Customized & Need-Based Hair Masks
Customize your hair mask and create your very own go-to power-packed mask loaded with goodness. Know your ingredients to arrive at the perfect mask for you. Here’s help to get you going.
Curd: Curd is rich in protein and is one of the best conditioners for any hair type. It deeply moisturizes every strand, improving the overall quality of your hair.
Olive Oil/Coconut Oil: Filled with good fats, oils are always a great ingredient in a hair mask to moisturize and increase blood circulation in your scalp. Get the most out of the oil by massaging it well into your hair and scalp.
Lemons: Rich in vitamin C, lemons balance the pH of your scalp and reduce flaking of the skin. They also stimulate hair growth, helping you reach your long hair goals.
Honey: This natural humectant is ideal for repairing hair and maintaining scalp health. The antioxidants and moisture-retaining properties of honey provide deep conditioning for hair and give you the best hair possible!
iluvia’s Hair Repair Mask
DIY hair care solutions are great but are they convenient? Now, that opens up a whole new discussion. Making a DIY hair mask and including it in your beauty routine sounds exciting, but it may not be practical – especially given the hectic pace of our days.
The hassle of mixing ingredients and having the energy to do it once or twice a week may get to be a bit much. The process is time-consuming and requires effort. Also, there may be plenty of trial and error involved before you arrive at your perfect mask.
And here’s another point to keep in mind. Natural is generally great, but it may not always be the best. Know that natural elements (yes, even aloe vera!) are known to trigger allergies in people. So take care when choosing the DIY route.
This is where iluvia comes in.
iluvia’s Hair Repair Mask tackles multiple hair problems such as frizz, dryness, damage and chemically treated hair. The ground-breaking hydrophobic and moisture-repellent formula by iluvia is inspired by a naturally occurring system in nature. This formula prevents the damage caused by high humidity to the protein and fibre structure of the hair.
The Hair Repair Mask by iluvia will help you achieve all your hair goals, making your hair soft and supple. Apply this Hair Repair Mask to damp hair (avoid the scalp) post shampooing, leave it on for 5 minutes, and rinse off with cold water to get the maximum hair benefits.
Use it just once and see a noticeable change in your hair texture. The nourishing mask reduces and prevents hair damage, provides frizz control and promotes long-lasting softness.
What more could one possibly want from a hair mask?